Since the success of the Peer Mentoring training pilot, we have rolled out The Customised Award in Peer Mentoring and Support (CAPMS). This training programme has been specifically designed to prepare experienced service-users, clients and/or ex-clients to support people to TCA services.
What does the CAPMS cover?
- The CAPMS is an SQA accredited programme, delivered in a group setting and covering
- Establishing a positive relationship with individuals
- Respecting and Supporting individuals to maintain their safety and well being
- Supporting individuals to prepare and develop an action plan in order to achieve their goals
- Supporting individuals to implement and review their action plan
- Interacting with individuals using a range of telecommunications
- Supporting individuals to identify and access other appropriate services
- Providing appropriate additional support to individuals who are distressed.
Through facilitated discussion, role play, exercises and case studies, the programme gives potential peer mentors the opportunity to practise their mentoring skills, in addition to providing them with the information, knowledge and tools to perform their role effectively and safely.