I am currently a volunteer administrator and peer mentor within TCA. I first became involved with the TCA three years ago, as a young person being mentored and since then I have developed and learned so much.
My achievements so far have been:
- Completing my SVQ in peer mentoring
- Presenting my story at the Women’s Justice Partnership Meeting 2014
- Scottish Mentoring Network National Event and Recognition Awards 2014
- Co-presenting one of the workshops entitled Rolling out the Customised award in Peer Mentoring and Support Training 2014
- Presenting my mentoring journey and voluntary experience at the Scottish Parliament in February 2015
- Presenting to the new through care Support Officers who support the reintegration of the liberated prisoners into the community 2015
- Attending the National Conference on Mentoring where mentors had the opportunity to meet the representatives from an extensive range of projects in Scotland.
- Receiving a letter of congratulations from the Deputy Director of Justice Committee
- Receiving a local champion award at the Tayside Community Justice Authority
- Receiving a Saltire Award at the Dundee Youth Awards event (October) 2015
I’d like to say a big thank to everyone within TCA, my mentor and my peers. Thanks to my experience with TCA, I am now volunteering in the office two days a week and about to start befriending a mentee who is about to finish with her women only mentor.
I’m also hoping to go in to full time employment with the help of my skills, training and knowledge so again I’d like to say a huge thanks to TCA.
Find out how you can get involved with TCA by calling 01382 456012 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org