Tayside Council on Alcohol (TCA) was established in 1972 and is one of the leading providers of support services in the Tayside area for people who are affected by the misuse of alcohol.
Our mission statement is to;
“Provide, throughout Tayside, support, education and information to those
experiencing problems arising from alcohol misuse and to promote a healthy
approach to alcohol.”
- Offer confidential counselling and advice to anyone who is worried about their own drinking or the drinking of someone close to them.
- Provide training programmes for industry, commerce, schools and local and central government agencies.
- Organise annually one major conference on alcohol-related issues.
- Increase the awareness of the population of Tayside of alcohol problems and of the services provided by TCA.
- Provide a resource facility for the further development of professional counselling training and research with particular reference to alcohol-related matters.
- Create an environment conducive to the aims of the organisation and to raise funds supplementary to the core funding currently provided by the statutory authorities.